Friday, February 2, 2018

Hobby Update - Bretonnians, C02 Wizards, Chemical Plant and J-Pop Metal

Hi All,

A lot of stuff to tell you all about. I did end up finishing those Knights, but I can't show you until tomorrow. So I will do that with Paint Table Saturday. After we run our 5K in the morning.

On the desk right now are the old Citadel Men at Arms/ Retainers, a couple of old Bretonnian Crossbowmen mixed with Foundry Crossbowmen, and 3 C02 Wizards. Dormur, and in the back the Grim Reaper from Reaper are also there, but just as filler.


Now I've had these Wizards since the 90's, but obviously never got very far with them. I was looking at them the other day and noticed something hanging from the third guys belt. So I thought I'd do some research.

So you can find pictures of them on Stuff of Legends here.


So I have Baygar , Spyre and Holbon Toddlebrew on the desk right now and Mazda packed with my Undead somewhere. What got me curious about researching them was the thing that looks like a calculator hanging from his belt.

Sure enough it's mentioned on his page on the Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki, here.

Although I've barely been able to get anything painted for it, I'm also doing the Analogue Hobbies Painting  Challenge. I just missed getting the Knights finished on Monday,  so I couldn't submit them there this month. One of the things that's new this year is that you can submit terrain for scoring. Since I have precious little terrain I thought that would be a good thing to do. I bought the Pegasus Chemical Plant last Summer, but didn't get it in time to take it with me for gaming Shadow War: Armageddon.


Lastly I refound the band BabyMetal to listen to while I was powering through the finishing touches on those knights.

Chocolate is the main song that pops up, but I like Karate better. They sort of remind me of Melodic Metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Dragon Force. I feel like I'm listening to the music for the end credits of an Anime. If you go through their youtube playlist, the one where they sing Breaking the Law with Rob Halford is fun.





Also mixed in their playlist was the group LadyBaby. It's also fairly demented, Ladybeard is something else.



Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Such cool Wizards! Managed to end up with Smantha Phox (A shoutout to 80's Page 3 girl) in a random trade years ago, but she was eaten by our last pup in the Miniatures Massacre of 2006.

    Those Pegasus plastic terrain kits are fiddly as balls to work with. I got some sort of industrial type platforms and walkways kit and got fed up real quick. Which was rubbish cos the end result can look quite good.

    BabyMetal... Crazy music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dai, thanks. I played in a game with old Sam at the 2nd Oldhammer USA weekend. I remember her name sake from then. Didn't she also try to have a singing career or something? I thought the terrain you built with the platform was pretty good, but I remember your comment about fiddliness.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Samantha Fox... Classic b00bs for my teenage viewing. Her singing career was a joke. Lol!

      Delete